Kockum Sonics has pioneered the Sonic Cleaning business since the 70´s and does today possess the most detailed knowledge regarding sonic cleaning applications for industrial as well as marine applications. The main purpose has at all times been to offer the best solution for a specific application.
Sonic Cleaning will prevent ash build-up on the heat exchanger tubes, and at the same time minimize the risk of stack fires and further soot flake accumulation.
Kockum Sonics sonic soot blowers are driven by compressed air. The powerful sound waves in combination with the flue gas velocity – will break up the bindings between ash particles and transport them away before they form a hard layer or big ash flakes. The cleaning result is achieved by activating one or more sonic soot blowers at intervals and frequencies to suit the specific conditions in for example the economizer. The sonic soot blower can be of audible type or infrasound and will be selected to fit the application.
Some benefits of installing sonic soot blowers
from Kockum Sonics is to improve the heat exchanger performance and avoid various problems using an erosion free cleaning method.
Yet another benefit with the sonic cleaning is a reduced maintenance cost for deck painting. With Sonic Cleaning installed, the soot flakeswill become smaller and fly further. They will not land on deck and thus causepitting in the deck paint.
There are a number of advantages of using Sonic Soot Blowers, e.g.:
- Continuous cleaning of heat transferring surfaces, which can reduce the fuel consumption by 2%-7%.
- More efficient heat- and steam production
- Reduced risk of soot fires
- Reduced or avoided problems with soot flakes on deck
- Reduced need of additives required
- Reduced need of manual cleaning
- Reduced need of water washes in port
- No mechanical or corrosive effects on the heat exchanger tubes when cleaning
- Low maintenance cost on the Sonic Soot Blowers
- Possible to retrofit for existing heat exchangers